Your child’s safety and care is our top priority.
We Care for Your Child The Way You Would
Safety: Our Top Priority
Education and development are important, but we know that nothing matters more than the safety, security, and health of your child. That’s why protection and preparedness are critical considerations in everything we do at The Sprout Academy child day care centers.
From first aid training for emergency situations to sanitation and ensuring a clean and healthy environment for children, we have vast experience ensuring that every child is happy and healthy. And, all of our centers’ vans and buses used for transportation all are designed with the safety and security of children in mind. Although scraped knees are a part of growing up, you can have confidence that your child is cared for in a secure, nurturing environment every day.
We invite you to learn more about ways we care for your child. Ask the local center director at your location about our leadership in child care safety, health and security. We have a commitment to remain transparent and accountable to you.
Health & Safety Assurance
- Infant and toddler car seats are safe and reliable.
- The Sprout Academy drivers undergo stringent testing and are trained in defensive driving skills.
- In certain circumstances centers may contract with transportation companies providing school buses. (Please note: school buses are not required to have seatbelts)
- Our high-quality playground equipment is safe, sturdy and tested monthly by our facilities technicians to ensure it is secure and in good working order.
- We have safe fall zones with soft landing areas if your child takes a tumble.
- All outside play areas are wrapped in secure fencing.
- We have strict policies for administering medication to your child to ensure they are protected.
- Based on new research about healthy practices for infants and toddlers, we require a doctor’s note for any medication, prescription or over the counter, given to a child under 2 years to ensure safety.
- Medications are stored securely out of the reach of children.
- We assess every child’s health by talking with parents and monitoring for symptoms during the course of each child’s day with us; we increase assessment during flu season.
- We notify parents when a child does not feel well to help prevent an illness from spreading.
- Some of our centers are secured so that only authorized staff and families may enter.
- Safe, secure perimeters ensure that children can enjoy outdoor play safely.
- We use safety gates, window guards (except fire escapes) and cap electrical outlets.
- Our centers include smoke detectors and fire extinguishers.
- Radiators and heaters are covered to prevent your child from touching something hot.
- We have dedicated, friendly caregivers who are trained in child development, early-childhood education or a related field.
- We conduct criminal background checks to ensure trustworthy staff and passionate teachers provide the best care and education for your child.
- Our staff and teachers are trained in first aid and CPR.
- We are serious about training for hurricanes, fires and lockdown situations.
- We have an emergency evacuation plan at each center.
- We don’t just have a plan, we regularly test and train so our people are ready.
- All perishable food is refrigerated.
- Our menu is planned by a registered dietitian so your child eats nutritious foods.
- We welcome breastfeeding mothers, and we have careful policies for separating breast milk from formula.
- We clean our centers each day with safe, non-toxic cleaning products.
- Our floors are cleaned constantly
- Cleaning supplies are locked safely out of reach of children.
- While other child care providers clean toys each evening, The Sprout Academy sanitizes toys throughout the day to help prevent the spread of germs.
- We encourage children to wash their hands throughout the day by singing songs and teaching lessons about health and hygiene.
- Diapering is conducted in an area separate from children’s play areas.
Only pre-approved people with photo identification may pick-up your child.
Inquire About Openings
Find The Sprout Academy Location Nearest You
9259 PARK BLVD SEMINOLE, FL 33777
2095 BELLEAIR ROAD, CLEARWATER, FL 33764
St. Pete Academy
5610 54TH AVE N,
ST PETERSBURG, FL 33709
1419 SUNSET POINT RD. CLEARWATER, FL 33755
6552 84TH AVE N. PINELLAS PARK, FL 33781
1807 S HIGHLAND AVE CLEARWATER, FL 33756
The District Office
9259 PARK BLVD SEMINOLE, FL 33777